The Great 7 Day Facebook Hiatus – Day 6
I miss Facebook.
There, I said it.
I’ve taken a hiatus for six days now, and I’m honestly thinking about cutting it off a day short. The only thing stopping me is that I’ve already come this far. What’s an extra day?
Katie says it looks like I’ve been on when I share a link to my blog, but all of that is done via the WordPress dashboard, so I never even see Facebook.
I posted a blog at Cancerwise today, and I regret not being able to interact with people on Cancerwise’s Facebook page. I could have made an exception, but I wanted to maintain the integrity of this experiment. Facebook will have to wait.
Here are the main things I’ve noticed over the past couple of days off of Facebook:
1. I sort of miss the interactions with people I know.
2. Cowboys losses are less frustrating because there’s a character limit on Twitter. I didn’t have to read about how much Tony Romo sucks [which is tired, btw]
3. I haven’t compensated for the time I would have been on Fb by wasting time on a new website, which means I have more time in the day.
4. Checking email is not as fun as checking Fb.
5. My list of things to do when I get bored is shorter.
6. I still procrastinate.
I’m looking forward to this experiment being over, it’s more difficult than I expected. Touché to those who voluntarily walk away from this, or any other, social networking site.
It looks like I won’t be deactivating my account any time soon. It’s just so time consuming to adopt a new platform, build a community, and work well within it. When time is scarce, I have to go with what I know. See you Wednesday. It will be my Groundhog Day.